Great news! It’s International Cake Day on the 20th of July! With the new range of ALL GOLD Skweezi Jams, you’re sure to make this year’s International Cake Day a success, no matter what type of cake whets your appetite!
We’ve been rummaging through our box of treasured recipes and we’ve come up with a decadent but airy Victoria Sponge with Jam filling. Not just any jam filling either; we suggest you pull out all the stops and squeeeeeeeze a generous helping of ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam for a moreish mouthful! Spread the home-made goodwill at the office or at home, and put a smile on the faces of family, friends or co-workers. Now THAT would be the icing on the cake; not so?!
Crammed with real fruit, ALL GOLD Skweezi Jam is a South African ‘first’, combining all the flavour in South Africa’s favourite jam, with easy-to-use, simple-to-store packaging that lets you squeeeeeeze out the jam onto your cake and WHAM! You’ve got a winner!
Victoria Sponge Cake with Apricot and Peach Jam
A delightfully classic Victoria Sponge cake filled with ALL GOLD's new Skweezi apricot and peach jam.
- 250 g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 240 g (2 cups) Golden Cloud self-raising flour
- 200 g (1 cup) castor sugar
- 4 extra large eggs
- 1 lemon
- ½ can (410 g) KOO Peach Slices, drained and chopped
- 125 ml (½ cup) ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam
- 125 ml (½ cup) fresh cream
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) castor sugar
Fore the cake:
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Grease and line 2 x 20 cm sandwich cake tins.
- Beat butter and sugar together with an electric beater or wooden spoon, until very light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift in flour, finely grate over the lemon zest, fold it into the mixture (halve the lemon and save it for later).
- Mix together until well combined.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the tins.
- Use a spatula to gently smooth the surface of the cakes and bake in oven for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Insert a skewer in the middle of the cake; if it comes out clean the cake is ready.
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool in tins for five minutes.
- Remove from tins and place on cooling racks.
- Allow cakes to cool completely before filling.
For the filling:
- Gently warm the ALL GOLD Skweezi Apricot & Peach Jam in a pan over a low heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sliced peaches.
- Whip cream until it forms soft peaks, gently fold in castor sugar, squeeze in the juice from zested lemon.
- Place one cake upside down onto a serving plate.
- Spread with jam mixture, allowing to cool before topping with sweetened cream.
- Place the second cake on top and dust it with icing sugar.