“Curry” favour with your friends and family this winter with ALL GOLD’s Durban lamb curry!
We invite you to turn this winter into a heart warmer. Invite your inner circle of friends round for the quintessential curry – ALL GOLD style! This Durban curry embodies the outgoing personality of our colourful country, and turns up the heat on any chilly night! Be sure to add the ALL GOLD touch for that guaranteed goodness that’ll keep ‘em coming back for more!
ALL GOLD's Durban Lamb Curry
You have to try this belly warming Durban curry this winter!
For more tasty recipes, crammed full of goodness, visit ALL GOLD's newly revamped website: http://www.allgold.co.za/. Join the conversations on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AllGoldSA or Twitter: https://twitter.com/AllGold_SA and Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allgoldsa/.
- 100 g butter
- 3 onions, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 knob ginger, finely chopped
- 2 cans (410g) ALL GOLD Chopped Tomatoes
- 15 ml (3 tsps) salt
- 15 ml (3 tsps) turmeric
- 5 ml (1 tsp) chilli powder
- 15 ml (3 tsp) ground cumin
- 15 ml (3 tsp) ground coriander
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) curry paste
- 65 ml (¼ cup) ALL GOLD Peach Jam
- 1 kg stewing lamb
- 500 ml (2 cups) water
- 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 6 curry leaves
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) chopped fresh coriander
- 10ml (2 teaspoons) garam masala
- Roti or rice to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter in a heavy base frying pan and sauté onions until lightly browned and caramelised. (Don’t rush this step, it's important.) Remove caramelised onions and set aside.
- Combine garlic, ginger, tomatoes, salt and all the spices in a food processor, blend together to form a coarse paste.
- Brown the lamb in the same saucepan in which the onions were cooked, add a bit of oil if necessary. Remove and place in a casserole dish.
- Add the spicy tomato paste, caramelised onions, water, chillies and curry leaves. Cover and bake for 2 hours.
- Remove from the oven. Check seasoning, stir in fresh coriander and garam masala.
- Serve over rice or with roti, with sambals, sliced banana and coconut.
Cuisine South African