We were super lucky to receive the ingredients and recipe for Hot Cross Bun French Toast from AMC Cookware. We definitely intend on whipping this deliciousness up over the long Easter weekend. Hot Cross Bun French Toast is an amazing way to make use of old Hot Cross Buns. Check out our 7 Unique Ways to Eat Hot Cross Buns for more inspo.
Hot Cross Bun French Toast
French toast has always been a breakfast and brunch favourite. We're giving it our own twist this Easter season by making our toast with hot cross buns. Top with cream cheese and fresh berries for extra decadence.
- 4 – 5 extra large eggs
- 15 ml water per egg
- Pinch of salt
- 10 ml oil for frying
- 6 hot cross buns, halved
- 100 ml maple syrup or honey
- Cream cheese to spread
- Fresh berries of your choice
- Beat eggs, water and salt together in an AMC 24 cm Dome.
- Heat AMC 24 cm Gourmet Dome Fry Pan or 28 cm Chef’s Pan over a medium temperature until the Visiotherm reaches the first red area. Lightly grease with oil.
- Dip 2 – 3 halves of hot cross buns in egg mixture and fry on both sides until golden brown and egg is cooked. Drain on paper towelling and keep warm. Repeat with rest of buns.
- Once cooked, spread buns with cream cheese and top with syrup or honey. Serve immediately.
- Alternatively make French toast with white bread or a different type of bread such as raisin bread.
- Fried bacon is a delicious topping with the cream cheese and maple syrup.
- Serve as a dessert with syrup, cinnamon sugar, lemon and ice cream.