Make this very simple braai marinade in which you can literally marinade anything that you would like through over the hot coals. It has great flavour and perfect balance between sweet, savoury and sour.
Simply mix all the ingredients together and you can pour it into a bottle or large jar and keep it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
If you don’t braai often, then try it as a “cook – in” sauce or basting sauce the next time you roast chicken or lamb chops.
Easy Braai Marinade
Yield 2.5 cups
This has to be easiest and quickest braai marinade you'll ever make. Delicious on a tjoppie, steak, chicken flattie and more. Hello summer!
- 1 cup All Gold Tomato Sauce (or All Gold Hot & Spicy Tomato Sauce, if you prefer a little extra spice)
- 50ml Holbrook’s Worcestershire Sauce
- 50ml Mrs Ball’s Original Chutney
- 1 tsp Aromat
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 340ml ginger beer
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Marinate the meat for three to four hours before you braai. This recipe works well on chicken, ribs, lamb or steak.