Party Wraps – Midnight Meal for 2
During the course of the evening of 13 February 2013 a friend gave me a call and asked if I could go have supper with him. Once he had finished his night classes, he suggested that we should head over to the mall and eat at the Dros. However, before this was agreed upon, he remembered about a challenge that I had at work, and decided that a homemade meal was in order.
He went out and bought all of the ingredients, came to pick me up and then we headed over to his place to take on the R100 challenge of Kitchen.net.
Once we arrived at his place, he surprised me with the ingredients which had come to R99.86, only just within the budget. I was excited to see how this spur of the moment cooking venture would turn out and got the camera ready.
It was getting for for 12 by the time we had finished preparing the midnight meal, we had had so much fun and the end results were definitely worth the effort. Due to the success of our first under R100 meal, we are considering taking a R100 challenge every month, just to see what we are able to come up with.
This was truly the best choice for the first R100 meal challenge.
A personal note about our midnight meal from:
Brandon Labuschagne: For R100, being able to feed two guys is quite a good result. The meal has lots of flavor, with emphasis on the chicken and the cherry tomatoes. There were also a lot of left over ingredients, which resulted in a really good breakfast the following morning. I will definitely be making these wraps again!
Kobus Beets: This is not something I usually do but it was the greatest experience I had with a friend and I have learned a lot in the process of preparing this meal. The taste of the wrap was unique and flavour full. This was a winner’s choice.
This midnight meal is enough for 2 to 4 people depending on how hungry they are.
Recipe Name: Party Wraps
- 1 Onion
- 1 Avo
- Cherry Tomatos
- Chunky Cottage Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Tortillas
- Slice the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Dice the onion and tomato into small pieces, mixing it together with olive oil, ground pepper and sea salt.
- Slice the avo into long strips and season it lightly with salt and pepper.
- Grate the cheese into a bowl or plate.
- Fry the sliced chicken strips in a non-stick pan without oil till a golden colour.
- Heat the tortillas in a pan until soft, with a solid color.
- Put a tortilla on a plate.
- Start placing the avo slices slightly off centre.
- Spread the cottage cheese evenly across the avo slices.
- Layer the fried chicken strips evenly on top.
- Place the onion and tomato mix on top of the chicken strips.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top of the onion and tomato mix followed by a light sprinkle of pepper.
- Fold it closed overlapping the two sides.