Roast chicken with peppers and tapenade
Bonjour friends! French cuisine has become famous and quite popular
throughout the world and French restaurants can be found onjust about
every continent. In Provence in the south of France, locals enjoy
fresh fish, meat, fruit and vegetables throughout the year, thanks to
a mild climate and unique location. Ingredients like garlic and olives
feature in many dishes, as well as flavourful tomatoes and other beautiful
In this very easy recipe we are using tapenade, which is an olive paste
or sauce consisting of olives, anchovies, capers and olive oil. It has
a powerful flavour and in Provence, you’ll find it with just about every meal.
Due to the perfect climatic conditions in Southern France, beautiful herbs like lavender, basil and rosemary grow in abundance
and is used in many dishes. Why don’t you take a walk through the garden and pick some fresh herbs to lift flavours in your cooking today.
Roast chicken pieces with peppers and olive tapenade
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking: about an hour
- 8 chicken pieces, like thighs, drumsticks etc.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 yellow peppers
- 3 red peppers
- 4 medium potatoes, each sliced into 6 – 8 wedges
- 100 ml olive tapenade
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 30 ml olive oil
- 20 g fresh rocket or basil, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Season the chicken and place in grease bakingtray with the rosemaryand bake in the preheated oven
- Mix the pepper, potato wedges and tapenade together, season lightly and place into a grease oven tray and bake
together with the chicken
- Bake for about 40 minutes until the chicken is nicely browned and the potatoes are tender (turn the chicken halfway through)
- Serve while hot and garnished with fresh rocket or basil; or both if you like!