Stellenbosch at Summer Place will be returning to Hyde Park on Wednesday, 26th October 2016. The Cape Winelands is ranked internationally as one of the most beautiful and cultured destinations, and for this one night, a part of this beauty is coming to Johannesburg to entice and amaze!
For one night only, this is a definite must attend event for foodies, who will be delighted to know that 5 top South African chefs will be leading this gourmet extravaganza, presented by Stellenbosch Wine Routes and Sanlam Private Wealth. These chefs include:
- Michael Deg of The Restaurant at Delaire Graff Estate famed for its fresh and vibrant bistro chic cuisine
- Gregory Czarnecki of Waterkloof Wines restaurant, a hillside-perched venue in wrap-around glass that offers spectacular views and a premier dining experience
- Michael Broughton of Terroir, consistently rated SA’s best
- The celebrated George Jardine of Jordan Wine Estate restaurant and his new signature fine dining eatery in the heart of Stellenbosch, Restaurant Jardine
- Bistro 13’s Nic van Wyk, a chef making his debut at the event and who’s known equally for his sublime cooking as his appearances on some of SA’s most popular culinary TV programmes.
These celebrated chefs will be accompanied by their most talented proteges, including Michae Deg’s Keanan Jaftha and Gregory Czarnecki’s Garth Raubenheimer. Together they will create decadent dishes that will prove just why Stellenbosch is considered the gourmet capital of South Africa.
Those who attend the event will be treated to a sensational fine dining food and wine experience, sampling the best Stellenbosch has to offer. You can expect more than 100 of Stellenbosch’s best wines from a variety of vintages for tasting and available to purchase.
You can look forward to a fabulously memorable fine dining journey:
- Chef Gregory Czarnecki demonstrates the exquisite compatibility of Stellenbosch’s fine Méthode Cap Classique bubblies and Sauvignon Blanc with his dish of cured salmon, crème fraîche crémeux and tuile de pain.
- Chef Michael Broughton sets up a palate extravaganza, pairing a dish of Teriyaki skewered squid, fried Onigiri Rice, pickled cucumber and ponzu dipping sauce, with some of Stellenbosch’s stellar Chenin Blancs, Chardonnays and other white wines.
- Showcasing the excellence of fine dining with red wines in particular, Chef Michael Deg perfectly aligns Cabernet Sauvignon and red blends with a creation of deliciously braised beef short rib and pickled tongue served with parsnip purée, rainbow carrot and spiced nut crumb.
- Chef Nic van Wyk underlines the inimitable quality of these same wines and pays homage to them and South African cuisine with his very own curried lamb parcels accompanied by an exotic coconut sauce and apricot-and-peach chutney.
- Of course, some things should always be left to tantalise the imagination. For the big reveal of Chef George Jardine’s culinary creation, paired with Stellenbosch Shiraz, Merlot and Pinotage, you’ll simply have to book a ticket to Stellenbosch at Summer Place 2016.
This is the 7th year that Stellensbosch Wine Routes is partnering with Sanlam Private Wealth to host this event that raises funds for the Stellenbosch Wine Routes education fund. Summer Place is transformed to emulate the essence of the Cape Winelands, welcoming guests and inviting them to indulge their senses. Also on display for art enthusiasts, will be rare pieces from the Sanlam Art Collection, one of South Africa’s finest and most extensive of its kind.
Tickets to this event cost R500 per person and includes all the wine, food and entertainment for the evening. Tickets are limited so early booking is recommended. It should be noted that this is not a sit-down dinner but rather a lavish cocktail affair.
For more info or to buy tickets, contact:
021 886 8275
Book online at www.wineroute.co.za
Follow them on twitter @StellWineRoute
Re-written from the original press release received from Random Hat Communications on behalf of Stellenbosch Wine Routes