Put a smile on your face because March 20 is International Day of Happiness; a day dedicated to happiness and the associated benefits for the mind and body.
Driven by the United Nations’ belief that the pursuit of happiness is a fundamental human goal, the International Day of Happiness Resolution was passed in 2012 and marked the historical milestone of globalising the Happiness Development Movement that started in 1972. The resolution also celebrates a modern legal and constitutional history of humankind which recognises happiness as a human right and goal.
This International Day of Happiness, pursue your own quest for happiness by trying some of South Africa’s most awarded products, potstill brandy. “Invite friends or family members over for a Sunday lunch gathering, and end off your meal with something new, like one of our country’s international award-winning potstill brandies,” said Distell brandy ambassador Nick Holdcroft.
According to ActionforHappiness.org, happiness can be found in doing things for others, connecting with people, appreciating the world around you, and learning new things. These keys are based on an extensive review of the latest findings from the science of well-being and are areas which research shows tends to make a big difference to our happiness and are within our control.
Distell finds happiness in the stellar performance of South African brandies on the international stage. Last year, Klipdrift Gold brought its namesake medal home from the International Wine & Spirit Competition and recently won World’s Best Brandy 2016 at the World Brandy Awards, while the Oude Meester Souverein claimed a Gold Outstanding and the Van Ryn’s 12 year old Distiller’s Reserve bagged top honours of the Worldwide Brandy Trophy at the same competition.
“Our master distillers work tirelessly to create these fine potstill brandies, which are acclaimed for their fruitiness that comes from the sun-kissed grapes are used for the base wine. Expand your wine drinking horizons by learning something new about this golden liquid, which ever year brings home dozens of trophies from competitions around the world for its quality. These products are worthy of our appreciation.”
Tag yourself on social media celebrating #internationaldayofhappiness by using the hashtag.
Of course, as the saying goes, a little of what you like does you good, so the key to happiness the morning after would be to exercise moderation as you toast the good life.
Win a Potstill Brandy Hamper
Kitchen.net together with Distell are giving away a Potstill Brandy hamper to one lucky Kitchen.net subscriber.
Fill in the form below to enter
Terms and conditions
- This promotional competition is organised by Distell Ltd, in association with www.kitchen.net (“the Promoters”).
- The promotional competition is open to residents of South Africa, over the age of 18 years, except any employee, director, member partner, agent or consultant or any person directly or indirectly who controls or is controlled by the Promoters, immediate family members of such persons, and/or any participants who have won a prize through a promotional competition run by the Promoters at least three months prior to the announcement of the winner of the Prize (“Disqualified Persons”).
- By entering the promotional competition, all participants agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Promoters, whose decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding. The Promoters reserve the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this competition and any prizes (which have not yet been awarded), or any aspect thereof, without prior notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters deem necessary.
- The promotional competition commences on Friday, 18 April 2016 and ends on Thursday, 21 April 2016. Entries received after the closing date will not be taken into consideration.
- One Kitchen.net reader stands a chance to win one hamper which includes 1x bottle of Oude Meester Demant, 1x bottle Richelieu 10, 1x bottle Klipdrift Gold and two brandy balloons worth over R800 (“the Prize”).
- To be eligible for the Prize, participants are required to complete the entry form by filling in their name, surname, contact details, competition question and ID number.
- The winners will be determined by random draw at the close of the competition and notified by e-mail no later than Wednesday, 20 April 2016. The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Prize will be couriered to the winner.
- The winners will be required to provide proof of identity to verify that he/she is above the age of 18.
- The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- All participants and the winners, as the case may be, by entering the promotional competition, indemnify the Promoters, their advertising agencies, advisers, nominated agents, suppliers, its affiliates and/or associated companies against any and all claims of any nature whatsoever arising out of and/or from their participation in this promotional competition and/or use of the Prize (including, as a result of any act or omission, whether as a result of negligence, misrepresentation, misconduct or otherwise on the part of the Promoters).
- A copy of the competition rules is available at www.kitchen.net